5.15.2016

(Review) Angel's Messiah by Melanie Tomlin

Angel's Messiah
by Melanie Tomlin
(Angel Series #3)
Release date: June 10th 2016
Publisher: Kylani Press
GOODREADS



What lengths would you go to for revenge?
Helena is furious beyond belief. She can't forgive the angels for what they did to her, and Danizriel — one of their own kind — who sought only to help her. Now she's out for revenge.

A coordinated blitz takes place on the solstice and thousands of vampires lay waste to the angelic host, in an attack orchestrated by Helena. In exchange for her help she receives three weapons from the time of the fall — powerful enough to destroy archangels.

With three archangels down and one to go, Helena gambles with her soul to pull off the kind of bluff that even Satan might fall for. If she loses, the devil takes it all. 


I received a copy of this book from the author herself in return of an honest review. (You can trust me on this)

I've never craved a book so much like I crave all the sequels in the Angel Series. Every time I finished a book in this series you'll probably find me reading the bonus teaser chapter for the next sequel at the end of the book, and I've never done that to other series ever. It's like "wow great book, awesome ending, but what the hell is gonna happen next since everything is already concluded beautifully" And then BAM, new sequel to blow your mind. Again. And surprisingly after the long 3 books journey the story does not feel stretched at all. I trust Melanie Tomlin to come up with something original every time.

I can't even begin to describe what I'm feeling. Again, if you read my review of the previous installment you would notice me mentioning something about me in a emotional roller coaster (but in a good way) and this book is the same. One moment I'm all hearts and flowers and then soon I'm crying my eyes out. The pace was fast but not too fast that it became overwhelming, same goes to the conflict. A lot but perfectly aligned together. Everything is just perfect! Especially the character development, there is so much depth in every character that I can't help falling in love with most of them. And although he's not quite the main character but I just had to mention how these 3 books had significantly changed my view towards Drake. You awesome immortal creature, you! And of course, I'm not even gonna try to describe my feelings for Helena and Danny, but if I had to choose one word to describe them it'll be: #GOALS

And oh the concept and the plot! So far I've never read anything like this before and I just had to give this book and Melanie Tomlin a standing ovation for being so original in coming up with a twist towards the paranormal myths, God and even demons. (Just had to point out again tho this book may not be for you if you can't handle fictional tweaks towards the religious history, believes, and point of view)

Overall? 5 Shiny crystallized stars for Angel's Messiah. I am very much sitting on the edge of my seat for the next installment! Thank you Melanie Tomlin for the great journey and the copy! As for you guys? I am totally recommending this book, please go and grab a copy and start the series asap if you haven't. Like right now.

Rating:
5 EYES OPEN (5/5)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!